In its basic version (Base licence), the Impulse software may be used free of charge under the restrictions detailed below. The use of functionalities and user possibilities beyond the basic version of Impulse requires an extended licence subject to a fee. You may however test these extended functionalities in the context of a test licence, thus verifying whether the software meets your requirements.
Is impulse for free?
The base licence entitles you to long-term usage of Impulse software Viewer for non-commercial purposes only and/or in the areas of research and teaching. Any commercial use is only possible and permitted for test purposes during a single period not exceeding 90 days.
Do I need a license key?
For non-commercial usage of the viewer, you don't need any key. For commercial usage you should request a site license (see below). You need also a license key for the extended versions (Analyse and Develop).
What to do in commercial areas ?
- If you are just a few impulse users at your company, or you are working for a start-up, you can request a free site license.
- Site licenses enable all engineers at your site/organisation to use impulse.
- The actual costs mainly depend on the active number of impulse users at your company.
- It's on you to track/predict the active number of users. Impulse does not contain any tracking or control mechanisms! It does not require any license servers or other means to be integrated into your IT environment.
- The license period is usually limited to 1 year.
- You can either request a license key (to be entered into the license dialog) or a license plugin (to be copied into your local/server installation).
- If you have special needs and requirements, feel free to contact us.
- Please send us the following information:
- Name of site/organisation.
- Total numbers of engineers / potential users.
- Predicted number of impulse users for the first year.
Academic Users and Open Source Contributers
How to use/test extended functionality
The extended functionalities “Analysis” and “Develop” generally require a licence extension subject to a fee. During a test period not exceeding 30 days, you may however use, also commercially, the extended Impulse software functionalities in the context of these licence terms. The Licenser will provide you with a respective test licence key to that end.
How is licensing done in case of integration (into our IDE) ?