04 Axis, Waves and Cursors
The wave area contains 3 things, an axis, the diagrams, and cursors.Cursors are part of a configuration like sample configurations and folders - but they are not visible in the configuration hierarchy. So if you change configuration, you also change to different cursors.
Adding, Activating and Deleting Cursors
Initially one cursor is part of a new configuration. To add more press the Add new Cursor button in the toolbar or use the context menu of the Axis or Cursor Details. To make a cursor active, you need to press the grip of the cursor in the cursor track of the axis, or you select the cursor in the Cursor Details field. To get rid of a cursor, use the context menu of the cursor (right click on the grip), or the context menu of the axis to delete all cursors.
Switching between cursors
In the context menu of a cursor you find the commands
- Activate previous/next to activate next cursor
- Show previous/next to activate next cursor and make this new active cursor visible (go to its location).
Moving up/down the signals
There is nothing special with this, just use the scrollbars, the mouse wheel (without control keys) or the keyboard (UP, DOWN, PAGE_UP, PAGE_DOWN, POS1, END) as you would do it in another editor. Use the SPACE key to expand or collape folders or use the tree control.
Moving in time (or frequency,..)
- Use the horizontal scroll-bar.
- Left click on the axis and move
- Use the mouse wheel plus the SHIFT key.
- Left click into the wave area and move (this moves the active cursor).
If you move the cursor outside of the wave window, the axis will change to keep the cursors visible. Colored arrows on both side show you the speed modes (depending on the mouse position relative to the wave window).
Zoom in/out or fit
- To zoom in/out relative to the active cursor, use the buttons in the toolbar or use the keyboard(+,-).
- To zoom in/out relative to the mouse, use the mouse wheel plus the CONTROL key.
- To zoom fit, use the Zoom fit command in the toolbar.
- Left click into the wave area (with the CONTROL key) and select the area you want to zoom in or out. Release mouse to zoom into/out.
Move to next/prev event
Select the signals (may be multiple) you want to iterate. Press Goto Previous/Next Event in the toolbar or use the keyboard short-cuts (see below).